- HTLD has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $16.9 million.
- HTLD has traded 90,525 shares today.
- HTLD is trading at 4.23 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- HTLD is trading at a new high 3.05% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in HTLD with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for HTLD NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on HTLD: Heartland Express, Inc., through its subsidiaries, operates as a short-to-medium haul truckload carrier of general commodities in the United States and Canada. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.5%. HTLD has a PE ratio of 2. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Heartland Express a buy, 3 analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Heartland Express has been 753,600 shares per day over the past 30 days. Heartland Express has a market cap of $1.5 billion and is part of the services sector and transportation industry. The stock has a beta of 0.47 and a short float of 19.9% with 10.45 days to cover. Shares are up 0.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Heartland Express as a buy. Among the primary strengths of the company is its solid financial position based on a variety of debt and liquidity measures that we have evaluated. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- HTLD has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. To add to this, HTLD has a quick ratio of 1.54, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- Regardless of the drop in revenue, the company managed to outperform against the industry average of 17.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 14.0%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The change in net income from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the Road & Rail industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income has decreased by 21.0% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from $21.55 million to $17.02 million.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Road & Rail industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, HEARTLAND EXPRESS INC has underperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has exceeded that of the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for HEARTLAND EXPRESS INC is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 28.43%. Regardless of HTLD's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, HTLD's net profit margin of 9.74% is significantly lower than the industry average.
- You can view the full Heartland Express Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.