- BKH has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $51.2 million.
- BKH has traded 67.582099999999996953192749060690402984619140625 options contracts today.
- BKH is making at least a new 3-day high.
- BKH has a PE ratio of 149.
- BKH is mentioned 1.00 times per day on StockTwits.
- BKH has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- BKH is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- BKH is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- BKH is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- BKH is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in BKH with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for BKH NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on BKH: Black Hills Corporation, through its subsidiaries, operates as a diversified energy company in the United States. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.4%. BKH has a PE ratio of 149. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Black Hills a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for Black Hills has been 838,500 shares per day over the past 30 days. Black Hills has a market cap of $2.2 billion and is part of the utilities sector and utilities industry. The stock has a beta of 0.86 and a short float of 13.9% with 5.16 days to cover. Shares are up 6.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Black Hills as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and generally higher debt management risk. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 70.63% to $111.47 million when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 21.14%.
- 35.87% is the gross profit margin for BLACK HILLS CORP which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of -3.65% is in-line with the industry average.
- Current return on equity is lower than its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of weakness within the company. Compared to other companies in the Multi-Utilities industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, BLACK HILLS CORP underperformed against that of the industry average and is significantly less than that of the S&P 500.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Multi-Utilities industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 136.3% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $27.36 million to -$9.94 million.
- You can view the full Black Hills Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.