- Benchmarking Integrated with EPA's ENERGY STAR® - Through an automated data exchange with the Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA) ENERGY STAR® Portfolio Manager, customers get energy performance benchmarking, data updates, and electricity and/or natural gas usage reporting, at a time when regulators are progressively mandating the use of ENERGY STAR benchmarking.
- Early Account Renewal Alerts - Customers are notified when to consider renewing an energy account early at a favorable rate, potentially saving costs.
- Energy Tips/Best Practices - Customers get customized energy efficiency recommendations to enable them to take important energy savings steps and compare how energy efficiency measures are working.
- Budget Management and Tracking - Customers can set budgets for their monthly energy spend, and then track performance to let them know how well they are doing.
- Energy Broker Access - Energy brokers have quick access to clients' energy data, allowing them to proactively engage on managing energy usage.
WGL Energy Services (WGL Energy), a WGL company (NYSE: WGL), today announced it has extended the reach and availability of its robust Energy Management Platform, a free, innovative online tool that enables customers to monitor and track both electricity and natural gas usage to help save time and money. The Energy Management Platform is now available to WGL Energy's commercial, government, and industrial electricity and natural gas customers in Virginia, Washington D.C., Maryland, Delaware, and Pennsylvania. The solution effectively enables these customers to manage energy budget, calculate carbon emissions, achieve sustainability goals, benchmark against industry standards, and it provides energy efficiency recommendations customized to each facility. As commercial and government facility owners face ongoing energy regulations, as well as increasing carbon reduction and energy reporting requirements, the Energy Management Platform delivers an advanced level of strategy and planning tools with easy to understand metrics and insights. To learn more, visit here for a new video that briefly highlights its main features and benefits. "WGL Energy Services continues to help customers make smart energy decisions through the use of innovative technology, including data and analytics - this easy to understand information puts confidence and control directly in their hands," said Louis J. Hutchinson, Vice President and Chief Revenue Officer for WGL. "Our Energy Management Platform is another way WGL empowers customers with answers to help make energy surprisingly easy." Highlights of the Energy Management Platform include: