- NOV has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $195.2 million.
- NOV traded 25,270 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 7:40 AM.
- NOV is down 6.1% today from yesterday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in NOV with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for NOV NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on NOV: National Oilwell Varco, Inc. designs, manufactures, and sells equipment and components used in oil and gas drilling, completion, and production; and provides oilfield services to the upstream oil and gas industry worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 5.7%. NOV has a PE ratio of 1. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate National Oilwell Varco a buy, 3 analysts rate it a sell, and 17 rate it a hold. The average volume for National Oilwell Varco has been 5.5 million shares per day over the past 30 days. National Oilwell Varco has a market cap of $12.2 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. The stock has a beta of 0.71 and a short float of 9.7% with 5.64 days to cover. Shares are down 4.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates National Oilwell Varco as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its reasonable valuation levels and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including poor profit margins, weak operating cash flow and a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- NOV's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.22 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Although the company had a strong debt-to-equity ratio, its quick ratio of 1.00 is somewhat weak and could be cause for future problems.
- NOV, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 36.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 40.8%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $410.00 million or 21.00% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite a decrease in cash flow NATIONAL OILWELL VARCO INC is still fairing well by exceeding its industry average cash flow growth rate of -39.84%.
- The gross profit margin for NATIONAL OILWELL VARCO INC is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 26.74%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year.
- You can view the full National Oilwell Varco Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.