- ARG has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $183.0 million.
- ARG has traded 266,303 shares today.
- ARG is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ARG with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ARG NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on ARG: Airgas, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, supplies industrial, medical, and specialty gases; and welding equipment and related products. It operates through two segments, Distribution and All Other Operations. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.7%. ARG has a PE ratio of 3. Currently there are no analysts that rate Airgas a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 10 rate it a hold. The average volume for Airgas has been 1.5 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Airgas has a market cap of $10.1 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and chemicals industry. The stock has a beta of 0.85 and a short float of 3.2% with 1.44 days to cover. Shares are up 1.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Airgas as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its expanding profit margins and solid stock price performance. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- AIRGAS INC's earnings per share declined by 17.9% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, AIRGAS INC increased its bottom line by earning $4.86 versus $4.68 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.90 versus $4.86).
- Despite the weak revenue results, ARG has outperformed against the industry average of 20.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 2.7%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for AIRGAS INC is rather high; currently it is at 50.42%. Regardless of ARG's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 5.70% trails the industry average.
- Looking at where the stock is today compared to one year ago, we find that it is not only higher, but it has also clearly outperformed the rise in the S&P 500 over the same period, despite the company's weak earnings results. The stock's price rise over the last year has driven it to a level which is somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Chemicals industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, AIRGAS INC has underperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has exceeded that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Airgas Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.