- XRAY has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $90.7 million.
- XRAY is up 5% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in XRAY with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for XRAY NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on XRAY: DENTSPLY International Inc. designs, develops, manufactures, and markets various consumable dental products for the professional dental market in the United States and internationally. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.5%. XRAY has a PE ratio of 3. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate DENTSPLY International a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for DENTSPLY International has been 1.0 million shares per day over the past 30 days. DENTSPLY International has a market cap of $8.1 billion and is part of the health care sector and health services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.43 and a short float of 7.3% with 5.62 days to cover. Shares are down 3.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates DENTSPLY International as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share, increase in net income, reasonable valuation levels and expanding profit margins. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The stock has not only risen over the past year, it has done so at a faster pace than the S&P 500, reflecting the earnings growth and other positive factors similar to those we have cited here. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- DENTSPLY INTERNATL INC has improved earnings per share by 13.5% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, DENTSPLY INTERNATL INC increased its bottom line by earning $2.23 versus $2.15 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.62 versus $2.23).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Health Care Equipment & Supplies industry. The net income increased by 12.3% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $75.27 million to $84.50 million.
- The gross profit margin for DENTSPLY INTERNATL INC is rather high; currently it is at 62.15%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 13.02% is above that of the industry average.
- You can view the full DENTSPLY International Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.