- WGL has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $17.3 million.
- WGL has traded 7,632 shares today.
- WGL is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in WGL with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for WGL NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on WGL: WGL Holdings, Inc., through its subsidiaries, sells and delivers natural gas, and provides energy-related products and services. The company operates in four segments: Regulated Utility, Retail Energy-Marketing, Commercial Energy Systems, and Midstream Energy Services. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.9%. WGL has a PE ratio of 24. Currently there are no analysts that rate WGL Holdings a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. The average volume for WGL Holdings has been 275,400 shares per day over the past 30 days. WGL has a market cap of $3.1 billion and is part of the utilities sector and utilities industry. The stock has a beta of 0.76 and a short float of 4.6% with 8.09 days to cover. Shares are up 2.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates WGL Holdings as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, notable return on equity, solid stock price performance, good cash flow from operations and reasonable valuation levels. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 10.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 1.9%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Looking at where the stock is today compared to one year ago, we find that it is not only higher, but it has also clearly outperformed the rise in the S&P 500 over the same period, despite the company's weak earnings results. Looking ahead, unless broad bear market conditions prevail, we still see more upside potential for this stock, despite the fact that it has already risen over the past year.
- WGL HOLDINGS INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, WGL HOLDINGS INC increased its bottom line by earning $2.62 versus $2.05 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.08 versus $2.62).
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Gas Utilities industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, WGL HOLDINGS INC has outperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 85.29% to -$8.94 million when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow of 85.29%, WGL HOLDINGS INC is still growing at a significantly lower rate than the industry average of 729.14%.
- You can view the full WGL Holdings Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.