- HCN has 14x the normal benchmarked social activity for this time of the day compared to its average of 0.94 mentions/day.
- HCN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $174.6 million.
Identifying stocks with 'Unusual Social Activity' tends to be a valuable process for traders looking to capitalize on the 'talk of the town' stocks that are basking in far more attention from the StockTwits financial community than normal. Good press? Bad press? It ultimately doesn't matter if it's good or bad if you know how to trade around the sentiment. Certain hedge funds use such data for their proprietary algorithms and it is not uncommon to see shared social sentiment play itself out in a stock's price trend. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in HCN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for HCN NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on HCN: Welltower Inc. is an independent equity real estate investment trust. The firm engages in acquiring, planning, developing, managing, repositioning and monetizing of real estate assets. It primarily invests in the real estate markets of the United States. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 4.9%. HCN has a PE ratio of 26. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Welltower a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 11 rate it a hold. The average volume for Welltower has been 2.6 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Welltower has a market cap of $23.6 billion and is part of the financial sector and real estate industry. The stock has a beta of -0.02 and a short float of 3.6% with 3.83 days to cover. Shares are down 3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Welltower as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, reasonable valuation levels and good cash flow from operations. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- HCN's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 6.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 15.6%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- WELLTOWER INC has improved earnings per share by 18.2% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, WELLTOWER INC increased its bottom line by earning $1.40 versus $0.09 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.48 versus $1.40).
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly outperformed against the S&P 500 and exceeded that of the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry average. The net income increased by 30.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $152.61 million to $198.40 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 61.22% to $416.98 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, WELLTOWER INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 9.43%.
- You can view the full Welltower Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.