- ENOC has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $14.0 million.
- ENOC has traded 349,431 shares today.
- ENOC is down 10.5% today.
- ENOC was up 69.5% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ENOC with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ENOC NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on ENOC: EnerNOC, Inc. provides energy intelligence software (EIS) and related solutions for commercial, institutional, and industrial customers. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate EnerNOC a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for EnerNOC has been 630,300 shares per day over the past 30 days. EnerNOC has a market cap of $112.1 million and is part of the services sector and diversified services industry. The stock has a beta of 0.16 and a short float of 11.4% with 1.41 days to cover. Shares are up 8.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates EnerNOC as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its feeble growth in its earnings per share, deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity, weak operating cash flow and generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- ENERNOC INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. Earnings per share have declined over the last year. We anticipate that this should continue in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ENERNOC INC reported lower earnings of $0.08 versus $0.64 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 4281.3% in earnings (-$3.35 versus $0.08).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Software industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 86.6% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $96.67 million to $12.99 million.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Software industry and the overall market, ENERNOC INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to $5.44 million or 77.31% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- Despite any intermediate fluctuations, we have only bad news to report on this stock's performance over the last year: it has tumbled by 78.05%, worse than the S&P 500's performance. Consistent with the plunge in the stock price, the company's earnings per share are down 85.85% compared to the year-earlier quarter. Turning toward the future, the fact that the stock has come down in price over the past year should not necessarily be interpreted as a negative; it could be one of the factors that may help make the stock attractive down the road. Right now, however, we believe that it is too soon to buy.
- You can view the full EnerNOC Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.