- VG has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $13.0 million.
- VG has traded 313,197 shares today.
- VG is trading at 6.12 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- VG is trading at a new high 10.10% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in VG with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for VG NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on VG: Vonage Holdings Corp. provides unified communications as a service solutions connecting people through cloud-connected devices worldwide. VG has a PE ratio of 43. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Vonage Holdings a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Vonage Holdings has been 1.7 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Vonage has a market cap of $1.0 billion and is part of the technology sector and telecommunications industry. The stock has a beta of 0.34 and a short float of 4.8% with 3.69 days to cover. Shares are down 15.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Vonage Holdings as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, good cash flow from operations, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, expanding profit margins and solid stock price performance. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 10.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 4.0%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $37.67 million or 35.66% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 16.26%.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.67, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels. Despite the fact that VG's debt-to-equity ratio is low, the quick ratio, which is currently 0.53, displays a potential problem in covering short-term cash needs.
- The gross profit margin for VONAGE HOLDINGS CORP is rather high; currently it is at 66.24%. Regardless of VG's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 1.53% trails the industry average.
- VONAGE HOLDINGS CORP's earnings per share declined by 33.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past year. However, we anticipate this trend reversing over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, VONAGE HOLDINGS CORP reported lower earnings of $0.11 versus $0.13 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.30 versus $0.11).
- You can view the full Vonage Holdings Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.