- SNDK has 10x the normal benchmarked social activity for this time of the day compared to its average of 1.26 mentions/day.
- SNDK has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $243.4 million.
Identifying stocks with 'Unusual Social Activity' tends to be a valuable process for traders looking to capitalize on the 'talk of the town' stocks that are basking in far more attention from the StockTwits financial community than normal. Good press? Bad press? It ultimately doesn't matter if it's good or bad if you know how to trade around the sentiment. Certain hedge funds use such data for their proprietary algorithms and it is not uncommon to see shared social sentiment play itself out in a stock's price trend. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SNDK with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SNDK NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on SNDK: SanDisk Corporation designs, develops, manufactures, and markets data storage solutions in the United States and internationally. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.7%. SNDK has a PE ratio of 35. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate SanDisk a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 13 rate it a hold. The average volume for SanDisk has been 2.2 million shares per day over the past 30 days. SanDisk has a market cap of $14.3 billion and is part of the technology sector and computer hardware industry. The stock has a beta of 2.51 and a short float of 6.8% with 3.91 days to cover. Shares are down 9.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates SanDisk as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself, feeble growth in the company's earnings per share and deteriorating net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.38, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. To add to this, SNDK has a quick ratio of 2.29, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- 48.45% is the gross profit margin for SANDISK CORP which we consider to be strong. Regardless of SNDK's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, SNDK's net profit margin of 9.15% is significantly lower than the industry average.
- SANDISK CORP's earnings per share declined by 40.4% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. Earnings per share have declined over the last year. We anticipate that this should continue in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, SANDISK CORP reported lower earnings of $4.23 versus $4.37 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 23.4% in earnings ($3.24 versus $4.23).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Computers & Peripherals industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 49.4% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $262.66 million to $133.01 million.
- You can view the full SanDisk Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.