- TKC has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $3.3 million.
- TKC has traded 50,844 shares today.
- TKC is trading at 2.29 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- TKC is trading at a new low 3.02% below yesterday's close.
'Weak on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as material stock news, analyst downgrades, insider selling, selling from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and traders are piling out of a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize (or avoid losses by trimming weak positions). In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in TKC with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for TKC NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on TKC: Turkcell Iletisim Hizmetleri AS establishes and operates a Global System for Mobile Communications (GSM) network in Turkey and regional states. It operates in four segments: Turkcell, Euroasia, Belarusian Telecom, and Superonline. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 17.6%. TKC has a PE ratio of 6. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Turkcell Iletisim Hizmetleri AS a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for Turkcell Iletisim Hizmetleri AS has been 415,800 shares per day over the past 30 days. Turkcell Iletisim Hizmetleri AS has a market cap of $7.2 billion and is part of the technology sector and telecommunications industry. Shares are down 6.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Turkcell Iletisim Hizmetleri AS as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including feeble growth in the company's earnings per share, deteriorating net income and a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- TKC's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.25 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. To add to this, TKC has a quick ratio of 1.59, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. In comparison to the other companies in the Wireless Telecommunication Services industry and the overall market, TURKCELL ILETISIM HIZMET's return on equity significantly exceeds that of the industry average and is above that of the S&P 500.
- The revenue fell significantly faster than the industry average of 14.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 19.6%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- TURKCELL ILETISIM HIZMET's earnings per share declined by 37.5% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. Earnings per share have declined over the last two years. We anticipate that this should continue in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, TURKCELL ILETISIM HIZMET reported lower earnings of $0.98 versus $1.40 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 25.5% in earnings ($0.73 versus $0.98).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Wireless Telecommunication Services industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 36.9% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $351.96 million to $222.19 million.
- You can view the full Turkcell Iletisim Hizmetleri AS Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.