- APOL has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $22.8 million.
- APOL has traded 1.3 million shares today.
- APOL is up 3.1% today.
- APOL was down 6.9% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in APOL with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for APOL NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on APOL: Apollo Education Group, Inc. provides private education services in the United States and internationally. The company offers online and on-campus undergraduate, graduate, certificate, and non-degree educational programs and services to working learners. Currently there are no analysts that rate Apollo Education Group a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. The average volume for Apollo Education Group has been 2.4 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Apollo Education Group has a market cap of $788.9 million and is part of the services sector and diversified services industry. The stock has a beta of 0.93 and a short float of 3.9% with 1.25 days to cover. Shares are down 7.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Apollo Education Group as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its disappointing return on equity, weak operating cash flow, generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself and feeble growth in its earnings per share. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Diversified Consumer Services industry and the overall market, APOLLO EDUCATION GROUP INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$18.87 million or 203.10% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- Despite any intermediate fluctuations, we have only bad news to report on this stock's performance over the last year: it has tumbled by 71.04%, worse than the S&P 500's performance. Consistent with the plunge in the stock price, the company's earnings per share are down 260.60% compared to the year-earlier quarter. Naturally, the overall market trend is bound to be a significant factor. However, in one sense, the stock's sharp decline last year is a positive for future investors, making it cheaper (in proportion to its earnings over the past year) than most other stocks in its industry. But due to other concerns, we feel the stock is still not a good buy right now.
- APOLLO EDUCATION GROUP INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past two years. However, the consensus estimate suggests that this trend should reverse in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, APOLLO EDUCATION GROUP INC reported lower earnings of $0.49 versus $1.92 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.59 versus $0.49).
- The change in net income from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the Diversified Consumer Services industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income has significantly decreased by 279.9% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $33.79 million to -$60.77 million.
- You can view the full Apollo Education Group Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.