- POZN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $2.6 million.
- POZN has traded 59,127 shares today.
- POZN is trading at 2.21 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- POZN is trading at a new high 3.08% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in POZN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for POZN NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on POZN: POZEN Inc., a pharmaceutical company, develops products for the treatment of acute and chronic pain, and pain related conditions in the United States and internationally. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate POZEN a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for POZEN has been 497,600 shares per day over the past 30 days. POZEN has a market cap of $204.4 million and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 1.80 and a short float of 11.1% with 6.40 days to cover. Shares are down 14.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates POZEN as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity, weak operating cash flow, generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself and feeble growth in its earnings per share. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Pharmaceuticals industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 220.7% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $6.75 million to -$8.15 million.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Pharmaceuticals industry and the overall market, POZEN INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$4.69 million or 294.93% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- The share price of POZEN INC has not done very well: it is down 14.23% and has underperformed the S&P 500, in part reflecting the company's sharply declining earnings per share when compared to the year-earlier quarter. The fact that the stock is now selling for less than others in its industry in relation to its current earnings is not reason enough to justify a buy rating at this time.
- POZEN INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, POZEN INC turned its bottom line around by earning $0.59 versus -$0.55 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 123.7% in earnings (-$0.14 versus $0.59).
- You can view the full POZEN Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.