- GAS has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $44.8 million.
- GAS has traded 262,265 shares today.
- GAS is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in GAS with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for GAS NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on GAS: AGL Resources Inc., an energy services holding company, distributes natural gas to residential, commercial, industrial, and government clients in Illinois, Georgia, Virginia, New Jersey, Florida, Tennessee, and Maryland. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.2%. GAS has a PE ratio of 19. Currently there are no analysts that rate AGL Resources a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. The average volume for AGL Resources has been 721,100 shares per day over the past 30 days. AGL has a market cap of $7.6 billion and is part of the utilities sector and utilities industry. The stock has a beta of -0.38 and a short float of 1.2% with 2.10 days to cover. Shares are down 0.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates AGL Resources as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, expanding profit margins, good cash flow from operations and solid stock price performance. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Gas Utilities industry. The net income increased by 237.5% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$8.00 million to $11.00 million.
- 35.27% is the gross profit margin for AGL RESOURCES INC which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 75.08% to -$75.00 million when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow of 75.08%, AGL RESOURCES INC is still growing at a significantly lower rate than the industry average of 608.05%.
- Looking at where the stock is today compared to one year ago, we find that it is not only higher, but it has also clearly outperformed the rise in the S&P 500 over the same period, despite the company's weak earnings results. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- Regardless of the drop in revenue, the company managed to outperform against the industry average of 10.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 0.8%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full AGL Resources Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.