- Having a formal leadership process in place
- Commitment of the CEO to leadership development measured by the percent of time invested
- Depth of the leadership bench as measured by the percent of senior management positions, as well as middle management positions, filled by internal candidates
- Number of other companies that report recruiting from the company being assessed
- Shareholder value performance
Key leadership development programs at Owens Corning have produced high levels of retention and promotion. The company's top leadership ranks are filled largely with the "graduates" of these programs. Similarly, a high - and growing - percentage of middle and senior leadership positions are filled by leaders advancing their Owens Corning careers.About Owens Corning Owens Corning (NYSE: OC) develops, manufactures and markets insulation, roofing and fiberglass composites. These products and systems save energy and improve comfort in commercial and residential buildings, and - through glass reinforcements - make thousands of products lighter, stronger and more durable. Based in Toledo, Ohio, Owens Corning posted 2014 sales of $5.3 billion and employs about 15,000 people in 26 countries. It has been a Fortune 500® company for 61 consecutive years.