- ROP has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $57.0 million.
- ROP has traded 499,635 shares today.
- ROP is trading at 2.00 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- ROP crossed below its 200-day simple moving average.
'Roof Leaker' stocks are worth watching because trading stocks that begin to experience a breakdown can lead to potentially massive losses. Once psychological and technical resistance barriers like the 200-day moving average are breached on higher than normal relative volume, the stock may then be subject to emotional selling from investors that can continue to drive the stock lower. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with weakness and volume it can indicate the start of a new, potentially dangerous, trend. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ROP with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ROP NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on ROP: Roper Technologies, Inc., a diversified technology company, designs and develops software (both license and software-as-a-service), and engineered products and solutions for healthcare, transportation, food, energy, water, education, and academic research markets worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.7%. ROP has a PE ratio of 27. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate Roper Technologies a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Roper Technologies has been 409,200 shares per day over the past 30 days. Roper has a market cap of $17.9 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector and industrial industry. The stock has a beta of 0.92 and a short float of 2.3% with 5.77 days to cover. Shares are down 7.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Roper Technologies as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, expanding profit margins, solid stock price performance and increase in net income. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- ROP's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 3.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 0.1%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.55, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. To add to this, ROP has a quick ratio of 1.97, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- The stock has not only risen over the past year, it has done so at a faster pace than the S&P 500, reflecting the earnings growth and other positive factors similar to those we have cited here. Looking ahead, unless broad bear market conditions prevail, we still see more upside potential for this stock, despite the fact that it has already risen over the past year.
- The gross profit margin for ROPER TECHNOLOGIES INC is rather high; currently it is at 66.27%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 18.10% is above that of the industry average.
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly outperformed against the S&P 500 and exceeded that of the Industrial Conglomerates industry average. The net income increased by 3.1% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $155.51 million to $160.42 million.
- You can view the full Roper Technologies Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.