- IRDM has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $5.7 million.
- IRDM has traded 165,564 shares today.
- IRDM is trading at 5.21 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- IRDM is trading at a new high 9.07% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in IRDM with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for IRDM NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on IRDM: Iridium Communications Inc. provides mobile voice and data communications services through satellite to businesses, the U.S. and foreign governments, non-governmental organizations, and consumers worldwide. IRDM has a PE ratio of 9. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Iridium Communications a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Iridium Communications has been 733,000 shares per day over the past 30 days. Iridium has a market cap of $787.1 million and is part of the technology sector and telecommunications industry. The stock has a beta of 1.87 and a short float of 27.5% with 26.91 days to cover. Shares are down 12.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Iridium Communications as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its compelling growth in net income, expanding profit margins, good cash flow from operations, impressive record of earnings per share growth and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Diversified Telecommunication Services industry. The net income increased by 44.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $20.39 million to $29.55 million.
- The gross profit margin for IRIDIUM COMMUNICATIONS INC is currently very high, coming in at 75.90%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 27.86% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $70.22 million or 13.01% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, IRIDIUM COMMUNICATIONS INC's average is still marginally south of the industry average growth rate of 16.27%.
- Even though the current debt-to-equity ratio is 1.11, it is still below the industry average, suggesting that this level of debt is acceptable within the Diversified Telecommunication Services industry. Even though the debt-to-equity ratio shows mixed results, the company's quick ratio of 5.03 is very high and demonstrates very strong liquidity.
- IRIDIUM COMMUNICATIONS INC has improved earnings per share by 41.2% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, IRIDIUM COMMUNICATIONS INC reported lower earnings of $0.69 versus $0.72 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.81 versus $0.69).
- You can view the full Iridium Communications Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.