- QIHU has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $114.9 million.
- QIHU has traded 2.0 million shares today.
- QIHU traded in a range 226.1% of the normal price range with a price range of $1.18.
- QIHU traded below its daily resistance level (quality: 28 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 28 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Water-Logged and Getting Wetter' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying negative price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, "support" while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves lower. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in QIHU with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for QIHU NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on QIHU: Qihoo 360 Technology Co. Ltd., through its subsidiaries, provides Internet services in the People's Republic of China. The company operates through Internet Services and Others segments. QIHU has a PE ratio of 47. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Qihoo 360 Technology a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for Qihoo 360 Technology has been 2.0 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Qihoo 360 Technology has a market cap of $9.3 billion and is part of the technology sector and computer software & services industry. Shares are down 1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Qihoo 360 Technology as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, notable return on equity and impressive record of earnings per share growth. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company has favored debt over equity in the management of its balance sheet. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 15.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 37.9%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- QIHOO 360 TECHNOLGY CO -ADR reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. This trend suggests that the performance of the business is improving. During the past fiscal year, QIHOO 360 TECHNOLGY CO -ADR increased its bottom line by earning $1.71 versus $0.76 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.63 versus $1.71).
- Looking at where the stock is today compared to one year ago, we find that it is not only higher, but it has also clearly outperformed the rise in the S&P 500 over the same period. Although other factors naturally played a role, the company's strong earnings growth was key. Looking ahead, the stock's rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry, implying reduced upside potential.
- The gross profit margin for QIHOO 360 TECHNOLGY CO -ADR is currently very high, coming in at 83.46%. Regardless of QIHU's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 18.55% trails the industry average.
- Currently the debt-to-equity ratio of 1.50 is quite high overall and when compared to the industry average, suggesting that the current management of debt levels should be re-evaluated. Despite the company's weak debt-to-equity ratio, the company has managed to keep a very strong quick ratio of 2.54, which shows the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- You can view the full Qihoo 360 Technology Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.