OutlookThe Company provided the following 2016 preliminary financial guidance:
- Net Sales of $4.4 billion to $4.6 billion.
- Adjusted EBITDA of $420 million to $460 million.
- Adjusted EBITDA margin of approximately 10% at the midpoint of guidance and flat with the expected 2015 margin.
- Free Cash Flow of $190 million to $230 million, flat with 2015 at the $210 million midpoint of guidance.
• U.S. Toll-Free: 1-877-328-5508• International Toll: 1-412-317-5424 Telephone playback will be available following the conference call and will be accessible as follows: • U.S. Toll-Free: 1-877-344-7529 • International Toll: 1-412-317-0088 • Replay Access Code: 10078532 The playback will be available until March 23, 2016. Forward-Looking Statements This press release contains certain "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Forward-looking statements include statements regarding, among other things, our current expectations about the Company's future results, financial condition, revenue, earnings, free cash flow, margins, objectives, goals, strategies, beliefs, intentions, plans, estimates, prospects, projections and outlook of the Company and can generally be identified by the use of words or phrases such as "may," "will," "expect," "intend," "estimate," "anticipate," "plan," "foresee," "project," "believe," "continue" or the negatives of these terms, variations on them and other similar expressions. These forward-looking statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors which may cause actual results to be materially different from those expressed in or implied by such forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements are based largely on the Company's expectations and judgments and are subject to a number of risks and uncertainties, many of which are unforeseeable and beyond our control. The factors that could cause actual results to materially differ include, among others: the impact of decreasing demand for printed materials and significant overcapacity in the highly competitive commercial printing industry creates downward pricing pressures; the inability of the Company to reduce costs and improve operating efficiency rapidly enough to meet market conditions; the impact of electronic media and similar technological changes, including digital substitution by consumers; the impact of changing future economic conditions; the failure of clients to perform under contracts or to renew contracts with clients on favorable terms or at all; the impact of an other than temporary decline in operating results and enterprise value that could lead to non-cash impairment charges due to the impairment of goodwill, other intangible assets and property, plant and equipment; the impact of the various covenants in the Company's debt facilities that impose restrictions may affect the Company's ability to operate its business; the failure to successfully identify, manage, complete and integrate acquisitions and investments; the impact of changes in postal rates, service levels or regulations; the impact of increased business complexity as a result of the Company's entry into additional markets; the impact of fluctuations in costs (including labor and labor-related costs, energy costs, freight rates and raw materials) and the impact of fluctuations in the availability of raw materials; the impact of regulatory matters and legislative developments or changes in laws, including changes in cyber-security, privacy and environmental laws; the impact on the holders of Quad/Graphics class A common stock of a limited active market for such shares and the inability to independently elect directors or control decisions due to the voting power of the class B common stock; the impact of risks associated with the operations outside of the United States; significant capital expenditures may be needed to maintain the Company's platform and processes and to remain technologically and economically competitive; and the other risk factors identified in the Company's most recent Annual Report on Form 10-K, as such may be amended or supplemented by subsequent Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q or other reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
Except to the extent required by the federal securities laws, the Company undertakes no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.Non-GAAP Financial Measures This press release contains financial measures not prepared in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (referred to as Non-GAAP), specifically Adjusted EBITDA, Adjusted EBITDA Margin, Free Cash Flow and Debt Leverage Ratio. Adjusted EBITDA is defined as net earnings (loss) attributable to Quad/Graphics common shareholders plus interest expense, income tax expense (if applicable), depreciation and amortization, restructuring, impairment and transaction-related charges, non-cash goodwill impairment charges, and loss on debt extinguishment, and less income tax benefit (if applicable). Adjusted EBITDA Margin is defined as Adjusted EBITDA divided by net sales. Free Cash Flow is defined as net cash provided by operating activities less purchases of property, plant and equipment. Debt Leverage Ratio is defined as total debt and capital lease obligations divided by the last twelve months of Adjusted EBITDA. These measures are presented to provide additional information regarding Quad/Graphics' performance and because they are important measures by which Quad/Graphics assesses the profitability and liquidity of its business. These measures should not be considered alternatives to net earnings (loss) as a measure of operating performance or to cash flows provided by operating activities as a measure of liquidity. About Quad/Graphics Quad/Graphics (NYSE: QUAD), a leading global provider of print and media solutions, is redefining print in today's multichannel media world by helping marketers and publishers capitalize on print's ability to complement and connect with other media channels. With consultative ideas, worldwide capabilities, leading-edge technology and single-source simplicity, Quad/Graphics has the resources and knowledge to help a wide variety of clients in distinct vertical industries, including but not limited to retail, publishing, insurance, financial and healthcare. The Company helps clients perform better in today's rapidly changing world through innovative solutions that improve efficiencies, reduce costs, lift response and increase revenue. Quad/Graphics provides a diverse range of print and related products, services and solutions from multiple locations throughout North America, Latin America and Europe, and strategic partnerships in Asia and other parts of the world.