- QGEN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $17.8 million.
- QGEN has traded 54.17909999999999826059138285927474498748779296875 options contracts today.
- QGEN is making at least a new 3-day high.
- QGEN has a PE ratio of 95.
- QGEN is mentioned 0.23 times per day on StockTwits.
- QGEN has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- QGEN is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- QGEN is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- QGEN is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- QGEN is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in QGEN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for QGEN NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on QGEN: QIAGEN N.V. provides sample to insight solutions that transform biological samples into valuable molecular insights worldwide. QGEN has a PE ratio of 95. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Qiagen a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 9 rate it a hold. The average volume for Qiagen has been 949,900 shares per day over the past 30 days. Qiagen has a market cap of $6.4 billion and is part of the services sector and diversified services industry. The stock has a beta of 0.75 and a short float of 1.9% with 6.00 days to cover. Shares are up 17.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Qiagen as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, good cash flow from operations, expanding profit margins and solid stock price performance. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.42, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 2.64, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- QIAGEN NV reported flat earnings per share in the most recent quarter. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, QIAGEN NV increased its bottom line by earning $0.49 versus $0.28 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.07 versus $0.49).
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $96.06 million or 7.05% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, QIAGEN NV's average is still marginally south of the industry average growth rate of 7.10%.
- The gross profit margin for QIAGEN NV is currently very high, coming in at 77.74%. Regardless of QGEN's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 10.78% trails the industry average.
- QGEN, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 5.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 6.5%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to not be hurting the bottom line, shown by stable earnings per share.
- You can view the full Qiagen Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.