- FXCM has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $36.1 million.
- FXCM has traded 53,564 shares today.
- FXCM is down 5.6% today.
- FXCM was up 25.8% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in FXCM with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for FXCM NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on FXCM: FXCM Inc., through its subsidiaries, provides online foreign exchange (FX) trading and related services to retail and institutional customers worldwide. The company operates in two segments, Retail Trading and Institutional Trading. The average volume for FXCM has been 232,500 shares per day over the past 30 days. FXCM has a market cap of $59.9 million and is part of the financial sector and financial services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.25 and a short float of 7.8% with 0.21 days to cover. Shares are down 90.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates FXCM as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its weak operating cash flow and generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$24.34 million or 181.75% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- FXCM's stock share price has done very poorly compared to where it was a year ago: Despite any rallies, the net result is that it is down by 93.65%, which is also worse that the performance of the S&P 500 Index. Investors have so far failed to pay much attention to the earnings improvements the company has managed to achieve over the last quarter. Turning toward the future, the fact that the stock has come down in price over the past year should not necessarily be interpreted as a negative; it could be one of the factors that may help make the stock attractive down the road. Right now, however, we believe that it is too soon to buy.
- FXCM INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has not demonstrated a clear trend in earnings over the past 2 years, making it difficult to accurately predict earnings for the coming year. During the past fiscal year, FXCM INC reported lower earnings of $3.10 versus $4.80 in the prior year.
- FXCM, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 5.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 34.7%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Capital Markets industry. The net income increased by 2979.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $2.39 million to $73.65 million.
- You can view the full FXCM Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.