- PAAS has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $14.5 million.
- PAAS has traded 187,117 shares today.
- PAAS is trading at 2.48 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- PAAS is trading at a new low 3.06% below yesterday's close.
'Weak on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as material stock news, analyst downgrades, insider selling, selling from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and traders are piling out of a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize (or avoid losses by trimming weak positions). In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in PAAS with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for PAAS NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on PAAS: Pan American Silver Corp., together with its subsidiaries, operates and develops, and explores for silver producing properties and assets in Mexico, Peru, Argentina, and Bolivia. The company also produces and sells gold, zinc, lead, and copper. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.9%. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Pan American Silver a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for Pan American Silver has been 2.2 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Pan American has a market cap of $1.0 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and metals & mining industry. Shares are down 25.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Pan American Silver as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity, weak operating cash flow, generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself and feeble growth in its earnings per share. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Metals & Mining industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 231.0% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$20.25 million to -$67.05 million.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Metals & Mining industry and the overall market, PAN AMERICAN SILVER CORP's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $32.87 million or 14.64% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite a decrease in cash flow PAN AMERICAN SILVER CORP is still fairing well by exceeding its industry average cash flow growth rate of -28.90%.
- The share price of PAN AMERICAN SILVER CORP has not done very well: it is down 23.98% and has underperformed the S&P 500, in part reflecting the company's sharply declining earnings per share when compared to the year-earlier quarter. The fact that the stock is now selling for less than others in its industry in relation to its current earnings is not reason enough to justify a buy rating at this time.
- PAN AMERICAN SILVER CORP has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past two years. However, the consensus estimate suggests that this trend should reverse in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, PAN AMERICAN SILVER CORP reported poor results of -$3.62 versus -$2.98 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings (-$0.36 versus -$3.62).
- You can view the full Pan American Silver Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.