- EZPW has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $3.0 million.
- EZPW has traded 59,640 shares today.
- EZPW is trading at 2.72 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- EZPW is trading at a new low 4.08% below yesterday's close.
'Weak on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as material stock news, analyst downgrades, insider selling, selling from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and traders are piling out of a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize (or avoid losses by trimming weak positions). In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in EZPW with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for EZPW NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on EZPW: EZCORP, Inc. provides specialty consumer financial services. The company operates in three segments: The U.S. & Canada, Latin America, and Other International. EZPW has a PE ratio of 8. Currently there are no analysts that rate EZCorp a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for EZCorp has been 339,600 shares per day over the past 30 days. EZCorp has a market cap of $270.1 million and is part of the financial sector and financial services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.61 and a short float of 10.9% with 7.90 days to cover. Shares are down 54.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates EZCorp as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity, generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself and feeble growth in its earnings per share. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Consumer Finance industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 350.6% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $3.93 million to -$9.85 million.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Consumer Finance industry and the overall market, EZCORP INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Despite any intermediate fluctuations, we have only bad news to report on this stock's performance over the last year: it has tumbled by 55.76%, worse than the S&P 500's performance. Consistent with the plunge in the stock price, the company's earnings per share are down 254.54% compared to the year-earlier quarter. Turning toward the future, the fact that the stock has come down in price over the past year should not necessarily be interpreted as a negative; it could be one of the factors that may help make the stock attractive down the road. Right now, however, we believe that it is too soon to buy.
- EZCORP INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past two years. However, the consensus estimate suggests that this trend should reverse in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, EZCORP INC reported lower earnings of $0.49 versus $1.09 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.10 versus $0.49).
- The gross profit margin for EZCORP INC is rather high; currently it is at 67.12%. Regardless of EZPW's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, EZPW's net profit margin of -4.62% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
- You can view the full EZCorp Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.