- THC has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $96.4 million.
- THC has traded 453,253 shares today.
- THC is down 3.1% today.
- THC was up 11.6% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in THC with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for THC NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on THC: Tenet Healthcare Corporation, a healthcare services company, primarily operates acute care hospitals and related healthcare facilities in the United States. It operates through two segments, Hospital Operations and Other, and Conifer. THC has a PE ratio of 137. Currently there are 10 analysts that rate Tenet Healthcare a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. The average volume for Tenet Healthcare has been 3.2 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Tenet Healthcare has a market cap of $2.7 billion and is part of the health care sector and health services industry. The stock has a beta of 0.87 and a short float of 15.9% with 4.10 days to cover. Shares are down 39.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Tenet Healthcare as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, good cash flow from operations and notable return on equity. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself, unimpressive growth in net income and generally higher debt management risk. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- THC's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 10.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 12.4%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 118.09% to $482.00 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, TENET HEALTHCARE CORP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 11.35%.
- TENET HEALTHCARE CORP has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, TENET HEALTHCARE CORP turned its bottom line around by earning $0.32 versus -$1.20 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.06 versus $0.32).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Health Care Providers & Services industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 422.2% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $9.00 million to -$29.00 million.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is very high at 18.40 and currently higher than the industry average, implying increased risk associated with the management of debt levels within the company. Along with the unfavorable debt-to-equity ratio, THC maintains a poor quick ratio of 0.73, which illustrates the inability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- You can view the full Tenet Healthcare Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.