- MAR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $192.4 million.
- MAR has traded 649,356 shares today.
- MAR is trading at 5.58 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- MAR is trading at a new high 3.02% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in MAR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for MAR NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on MAR: Marriott International, Inc. operates, franchises, and licenses hotels and timeshare properties worldwide. It operates through three segments: North American Full-Service, North American Limited-Service, and International. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.5%. MAR has a PE ratio of 21. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate Marriott International a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. The average volume for Marriott International has been 2.9 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Marriott International has a market cap of $16.7 billion and is part of the services sector and leisure industry. Shares are down 16.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Marriott International as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, good cash flow from operations, impressive record of earnings per share growth and increase in net income. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- MAR's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 1.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 3.4%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- MARRIOTT INTL INC has improved earnings per share by 20.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, MARRIOTT INTL INC increased its bottom line by earning $2.54 versus $2.01 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.12 versus $2.54).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has greatly exceeded that of the S&P 500, but is less than that of the Hotels, Restaurants & Leisure industry average. The net income increased by 9.4% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $192.00 million to $210.00 million.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $328.00 million or 16.72% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, MARRIOTT INTL INC has also modestly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 7.39%.
- MAR has underperformed the S&P 500 Index, declining 13.96% from its price level of one year ago. Looking ahead, although the push and pull of the overall market trend could certainly make a critical difference, we do not see any strong reason stemming from the company's fundamentals that would cause a continuation of last year's decline. In fact, the stock is now selling for less than others in its industry in relation to its current earnings.
- You can view the full Marriott International Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.