- APOG has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $30.0 million.
- APOG has traded 98,695 shares today.
- APOG is up 3.2% today.
- APOG was down 7.9% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in APOG with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for APOG NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on APOG: Apogee Enterprises, Inc. designs and develops glass solutions for enclosing commercial buildings and framing art in the United States, Canada, and Brazil. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1%. APOG has a PE ratio of 22. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Apogee a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Apogee has been 284,600 shares per day over the past 30 days. Apogee has a market cap of $1.3 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector and materials & construction industry. The stock has a beta of 1.41 and a short float of 6.9% with 2.77 days to cover. Shares are down 3.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Apogee as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, reasonable valuation levels and good cash flow from operations. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- APOGEE ENTERPRISES INC has improved earnings per share by 34.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, APOGEE ENTERPRISES INC increased its bottom line by earning $1.72 versus $0.95 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.15 versus $1.72).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Building Products industry. The net income increased by 34.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $13.74 million to $18.52 million.
- APOG's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.05 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels.
- After a year of stock price fluctuations, the net result is that APOG's price has not changed very much. Although its weak earnings growth may have played a role in this flat result, don't lose sight of the fact that the performance of the overall market, as measured by the S&P 500 Index, was essentially similar. Looking ahead, unless broad bear market conditions prevail, we still see more upside potential for this stock, despite the fact that it has already risen over the past year.
- You can view the full Apogee Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.