- THRX has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $7.9 million.
- THRX has traded 183,087 shares today.
- THRX is trading at 4.92 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- THRX is trading at a new high 3.27% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in THRX with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for THRX NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on THRX: Theravance, Inc., a royalty management company, is focused on developing respiratory products. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 9.4%. Currently there are no analysts that rate Theravance a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Theravance has been 1.0 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Theravance has a market cap of $1.2 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 3.14 and a short float of 73.5% with 32.11 days to cover. Shares are down 29.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Theravance as a sell. Among the areas we feel are negative, one of the most important has been a generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- THRX's stock share price has done very poorly compared to where it was a year ago: Despite any rallies, the net result is that it is down by 26.95%, which is also worse that the performance of the S&P 500 Index. Investors have so far failed to pay much attention to the earnings improvements the company has managed to achieve over the last quarter. Naturally, the overall market trend is bound to be a significant factor. However, in one sense, the stock's sharp decline last year is a positive for future investors, making it cheaper (in proportion to its earnings over the past year) than most other stocks in its industry. But due to other concerns, we feel the stock is still not a good buy right now.
- THERAVANCE INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, THERAVANCE INC reported poor results of -$0.66 versus -$0.30 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings (-$0.19 versus -$0.66).
- The gross profit margin for THERAVANCE INC is rather high; currently it is at 62.39%. It has increased significantly from the same period last year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of -33.80% is in-line with the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 112.60% to $2.66 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, THERAVANCE INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -0.45%.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Pharmaceuticals industry. The net income increased by 78.4% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$21.27 million to -$4.58 million.
- You can view the full Theravance Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.