- BDX has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $176.0 million.
- BDX has a PE ratio of 45.
- BDX is currently in the upper 30% of its 1-year range.
- BDX is in the upper 25% of its 20-day range.
- BDX is in the upper 35% of its 5-day range.
- BDX is currently trading above yesterday's high.
- BDX has experienced a gap between today's open and yesterday's close of 0.6%.
'Momo Momentum' stocks are valuable stocks to watch for a variety of reasons including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in a mark-up phase before a possible distribution period and price decline. Technical analysts and traders frequently find that the factors referenced above tend to create a temporary burst of strong wind in a stock's sail. Nevertheless, all successful traders must excel at maximizing gains while keeping losses to an absolute minimum. For that reason, the holding period on momo momentum stocks must always be a primary consideration, and this part of the puzzle is ultimately at the discretion of each individual's risk tolerance and portfolio risk management skills. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in BDX with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for BDX NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on BDX: Becton, Dickinson and Company develops, manufactures, and sells medical devices, instrument systems, and reagents worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.7%. BDX has a PE ratio of 45. Currently there are 10 analysts that rate Becton Dickinson a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. The average volume for Becton Dickinson has been 986,000 shares per day over the past 30 days. Becton Dickinson has a market cap of $32.0 billion and is part of the health care sector and health services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.15 and a short float of 3.1% with 5.27 days to cover. Shares are up 10.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Becton Dickinson as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, good cash flow from operations, solid stock price performance, expanding profit margins and reasonable valuation levels. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- BDX's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 29.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 39.0%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $678.00 million or 25.78% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -2.90%.
- Looking at where the stock is today compared to one year ago, we find that it is not only higher, but it has also clearly outperformed the rise in the S&P 500 over the same period, despite the company's weak earnings results. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- The gross profit margin for BECTON DICKINSON & CO is rather high; currently it is at 56.99%. Regardless of BDX's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 5.91% trails the industry average.
- You can view the full Becton Dickinson Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.