- ISIS has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $61.5 million.
- ISIS is down 2.7% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ISIS with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ISIS NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on ISIS: Isis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. engages in the discovery and development of antisense drugs using novel drug discovery platform. ISIS has a PE ratio of 44. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate ISIS Pharmaceuticals a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for ISIS Pharmaceuticals has been 1.8 million shares per day over the past 30 days. ISIS has a market cap of $6.9 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 1.90 and a short float of 14.2% with 10.73 days to cover. Shares are down 6.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates ISIS Pharmaceuticals as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, good cash flow from operations and solid stock price performance. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including unimpressive growth in net income, generally higher debt management risk and feeble growth in the company's earnings per share.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 13.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 11.5%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 1763.06% to $36.22 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, ISIS PHARMACEUTICALS INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 1.02%.
- Currently the debt-to-equity ratio of 1.63 is quite high overall and when compared to the industry average, suggesting that the current management of debt levels should be re-evaluated. Despite the company's weak debt-to-equity ratio, the company has managed to keep a very strong quick ratio of 6.81, which shows the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and greatly underperformed compared to the Biotechnology industry average. The net income has significantly decreased by 34.1% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$26.68 million to -$35.78 million.
- You can view the full ISIS Pharmaceuticals Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.