Glu Mobile Inc. (NASDAQ: GLUU), a leading global developer and publisher of free-to-play games for smartphone and tablet devices, announced that on December 9, 2015, its Compensation Committee awarded to Nick Earl, the Company's new President of Global Studios, (1) restricted stock units covering 500,000 shares of Glu's common stock and (2) a nonqualified stock option to purchase 300,000 shares of Glu's common stock, each pursuant to Glu's 2008 Equity Inducement Plan.

The restricted stock unit award vests on a four-year schedule - 25% of the underlying shares will vest on November 15, 2016, with the remaining 75% of the underlying shares vesting in equal quarterly installments over the next three years on the same day of each third month (e.g., the next quarterly vesting date will be February 15, 2017, then May 15, 2017, etc.). The stock option will have a ten-year term, vest on a four-year schedule (25% of the underlying shares will vest on November 9, 2016, the first anniversary of Mr. Earl's start date at Glu, and 2.083% of the underlying shares will vest monthly thereafter), and has a per share exercise price equal to $2.92, which was the closing price of Glu's common stock on the NASDAQ Global Market on the December 9, 2015 grant date. In addition, in order to issue such grants, Glu's Compensation Committee on December 9, 2015 amended the 2008 Equity Inducement Plan in order to increase the number of shares reserved for issuance under the plan by 1,000,000 shares.

Glu's Compensation Committee adopted the 2008 Equity Inducement Plan, which is a non-stockholder approved plan, to facilitate the granting of equity awards as an inducement material to new employees joining Glu. NASDAQ Marketplace Rule 5635(c)(4) requires a public announcement of equity awards made under this type of plan.

Glu Mobile

Glu Mobile (NASDAQ:GLUU) is a leading global developer and publisher of free-to-play games for smartphone and tablet devices. Glu is focused on creating compelling original IP games such as CONTRACT KILLER, COOKING DASH, DEER HUNTER, DINER DASH, DINO HUNTER: DEADLY SHORES, ETERNITY WARRIORS, FRONTLINE COMMANDO, RACING RIVALS, TAP SPORTS BASEBALL, and TAP SPORTS FOOTBALL, and branded IP games including KIM KARDASHIAN: HOLLYWOOD, ROBOCOP: THE OFFICIAL GAME, MISSION IMPOSSIBLE: ROGUE NATION and SNIPER X WITH JASON STATHAM on the App Store, Google Play, Amazon Appstore, Facebook, Mac App Store, and Windows Phone. Glu's unique technology platform enables its titles to be accessible to a broad audience of consumers globally. Founded in 2001, Glu is headquartered in San Francisco with major U.S. offices outside Seattle and in Long Beach, and international locations in Canada, China, India, Japan, Korea, and Russia. Consumers can find high-quality entertainment wherever they see the 'g' character logo or at www.glu.com.

For live updates, please follow Glu via Twitter at www.twitter.com/glumobile or become a Glu fan at www.facebook.com/glumobile.

CONTRACT KILLER, COOKING DASH, DEER HUNTER, DINER DASH, DINO HUNTER: DEADLY SHORES, ETERNITY WARRIORS, FRONTLINE COMMANDO, RACING RIVALS, TAP SPORTS BASEBALL, TAP SPORTS FOOTBALL, SNIPER X, GLU, GLU MOBILE, and the 'g' character logo are trademarks of Glu Mobile Inc.

View source version on businesswire.com: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20151210006349/en/

Copyright Business Wire 2010