- CP has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $115.5 million.
- CP has traded 153,382 shares today.
- CP is trading at 2.08 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- CP is trading at a new low 4.01% below yesterday's close.
'Weak on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as material stock news, analyst downgrades, insider selling, selling from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and traders are piling out of a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize (or avoid losses by trimming weak positions). In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CP with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CP NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CP: Canadian Pacific Railway Limited, through its subsidiaries, operates a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States. The company provides logistics and supply chain expertise services. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.8%. CP has a PE ratio of 2. Currently there are 13 analysts that rate Canadian Pacific Railway a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for Canadian Pacific Railway has been 1.1 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Canadian Pacific Railway has a market cap of $20.6 billion and is part of the services sector and transportation industry. Shares are down 32.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Canadian Pacific Railway as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, notable return on equity, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 9.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 2.3%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Road & Rail industry and the overall market, CANADIAN PACIFIC RAILWAY LTD's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $696.00 million or 30.33% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -5.04%.
- 48.80% is the gross profit margin for CANADIAN PACIFIC RAILWAY LTD which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 18.89% trails the industry average.
- CANADIAN PACIFIC RAILWAY LTD's earnings per share declined by 11.7% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, CANADIAN PACIFIC RAILWAY LTD increased its bottom line by earning $8.49 versus $4.98 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($10.25 versus $8.49).
- You can view the full Canadian Pacific Railway Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.