- WIBC has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $6.2 million.
- WIBC has traded 229,487 shares today.
- WIBC is trading at 14.33 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- WIBC is trading at a new high 4.08% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in WIBC with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for WIBC NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on WIBC: Wilshire Bancorp, Inc. operates as the holding company for Wilshire Bank that offers a range of financial products and services. The company operates in three segments: Banking Operations, Small Business Administration Lending Services, and Trade Finance Services. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2%. WIBC has a PE ratio of 15. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Wilshire Bancorp a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. The average volume for Wilshire Bancorp has been 479,200 shares per day over the past 30 days. Wilshire has a market cap of $918.0 million and is part of the financial sector and banking industry. The stock has a beta of 1.28 and a short float of 2.8% with 3.90 days to cover. Shares are up 15.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Wilshire Bancorp as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, notable return on equity, solid stock price performance, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- WIBC's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 3.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 5.5%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Commercial Banks industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, WILSHIRE BANCORP INC has outperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500.
- Looking at where the stock is today compared to one year ago, we find that it is not only higher, but it has also clearly outperformed the rise in the S&P 500 over the same period, despite the company's weak earnings results. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- WILSHIRE BANCORP INC's earnings per share declined by 10.5% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, WILSHIRE BANCORP INC increased its bottom line by earning $0.75 versus $0.63 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.79 versus $0.75).
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 112.67% to $19.76 million when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow of 112.67%, WILSHIRE BANCORP INC is still growing at a significantly lower rate than the industry average of 310.31%.
- You can view the full Wilshire Bancorp Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.