- ASTI has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $3.4 million.
- ASTI has traded 3.6 million shares today.
- ASTI is trading at 6.36 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- ASTI is trading at a new high 34.28% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ASTI with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ASTI NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on ASTI: Ascent Solar Technologies, Inc., a development stage company, designs and manufactures photovoltaic integrated consumer electronics; and portable power applications for commercial and military users. The average volume for Ascent Solar Technologies has been 5.3 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Ascent Solar has a market cap of $14.9 million and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. The stock has a beta of 3.69 and a short float of 7.2% with 0.09 days to cover. Shares are down 86.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Ascent Solar Technologies as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its weak operating cash flow and generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to -$7.02 million or 13.99% when compared to the same quarter last year. In conjunction, when comparing current results to the industry average, ASCENT SOLAR TECHNOLOGIES has marginally lower results.
- ASTI's stock share price has done very poorly compared to where it was a year ago: Despite any rallies, the net result is that it is down by 89.48%, which is also worse that the performance of the S&P 500 Index. Investors have so far failed to pay much attention to the earnings improvements the company has managed to achieve over the last quarter. Naturally, the overall market trend is bound to be a significant factor. However, in one sense, the stock's sharp decline last year is a positive for future investors, making it cheaper (in proportion to its earnings over the past year) than most other stocks in its industry. But due to other concerns, we feel the stock is still not a good buy right now.
- The change in net income from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry average. The net income has decreased by 8.8% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from -$10.42 million to -$11.34 million.
- ASCENT SOLAR TECHNOLOGIES reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. During the past fiscal year, ASCENT SOLAR TECHNOLOGIES continued to lose money by earning -$5.91 versus -$6.70 in the prior year.
- ASTI's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 9.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 105.0%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- You can view the full Ascent Solar Technologies Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.