- PAAS has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $12.5 million.
- PAAS has traded 154,715 shares today.
- PAAS is down 3.2% today.
- PAAS was up 5.9% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in PAAS with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for PAAS NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on PAAS: Pan American Silver Corp., together with its subsidiaries, operates and develops, and explores for silver producing properties and assets in Mexico, Peru, Argentina, and Bolivia. The company also produces and sells gold, zinc, lead, and copper. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.8%. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Pan American Silver a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for Pan American Silver has been 2.4 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Pan American has a market cap of $1.1 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and metals & mining industry. Shares are down 17.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Pan American Silver as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity, weak operating cash flow, generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself and feeble growth in its earnings per share. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Metals & Mining industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 231.0% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$20.25 million to -$67.05 million.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Metals & Mining industry and the overall market, PAN AMERICAN SILVER CORP's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $32.87 million or 14.64% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite a decrease in cash flow PAN AMERICAN SILVER CORP is still fairing well by exceeding its industry average cash flow growth rate of -53.90%.
- Despite any intermediate fluctuations, we have only bad news to report on this stock's performance over the last year: it has tumbled by 30.33%, worse than the S&P 500's performance. Consistent with the plunge in the stock price, the company's earnings per share are down 193.33% compared to the year-earlier quarter. Naturally, the overall market trend is bound to be a significant factor. However, in one sense, the stock's sharp decline last year is a positive for future investors, making it cheaper (in proportion to its earnings over the past year) than most other stocks in its industry. But due to other concerns, we feel the stock is still not a good buy right now.
- PAN AMERICAN SILVER CORP has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past two years. However, the consensus estimate suggests that this trend should reverse in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, PAN AMERICAN SILVER CORP reported poor results of -$3.62 versus -$2.98 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings (-$0.35 versus -$3.62).
- You can view the full Pan American Silver Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.