- TPX has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $50.2 million.
- TPX has traded 484.53699999999997771737980656325817108154296875 options contracts today.
- TPX is making at least a new 3-day high.
- TPX has a PE ratio of 38.
- TPX is mentioned 1.68 times per day on StockTwits.
- TPX has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- TPX is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- TPX is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- TPX is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- TPX is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in TPX with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for TPX NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on TPX: Tempur Sealy International, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, develops, manufactures, markets, and distributes bedding products worldwide. It operates through two segments, North America and International. TPX has a PE ratio of 38. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Tempur Sealy International a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for Tempur Sealy International has been 782,300 shares per day over the past 30 days. Tempur Sealy International has a market cap of $5.0 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and consumer durables industry. The stock has a beta of 1.13 and a short float of 5.5% with 5.25 days to cover. Shares are up 40.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Tempur Sealy International as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its growth in earnings per share, revenue growth, expanding profit margins, good cash flow from operations and solid stock price performance. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- TEMPUR SEALY INTL INC has improved earnings per share by 6.7% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, TEMPUR SEALY INTL INC increased its bottom line by earning $1.75 versus $1.27 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.20 versus $1.75).
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 9.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 6.3%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- 42.94% is the gross profit margin for TEMPUR SEALY INTL INC which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 4.56% trails the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $132.10 million or 21.75% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow of 21.75%, TEMPUR SEALY INTL INC is still growing at a significantly lower rate than the industry average of 165.45%.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 41.25% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. We feel that the stock's sharp appreciation over the last year has driven it to a price level which is now somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. The other strengths this company shows, however, justify the higher price levels.
- You can view the full Tempur Sealy International Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.