- CLR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $128.6 million.
- CLR has traded 480,474 shares today.
- CLR is up 3.3% today.
- CLR was down 6.1% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CLR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CLR NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CLR: Continental Resources, Inc. explores, develops, and produces crude oil and natural gas properties in the north, south, and east regions of the United States. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate Continental Resources a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold. The average volume for Continental Resources has been 4.4 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Continental has a market cap of $13.5 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. The stock has a beta of 0.90 and a short float of 25.3% with 5.92 days to cover. Shares are down 11.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Continental Resources as a hold. Among the primary strengths of the company is its expanding profit margins over time. At the same time, however, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, generally higher debt management risk and disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Along with the very weak revenue results, CLR underperformed when compared to the industry average of 36.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues plummeted by 58.5%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for CONTINENTAL RESOURCES INC is currently very high, coming in at 74.79%. Despite the high profit margin, it has decreased significantly from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, CLR's net profit margin of -12.07% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
- CONTINENTAL RESOURCES INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, CONTINENTAL RESOURCES INC increased its bottom line by earning $2.64 versus $2.07 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 107.6% in earnings (-$0.20 versus $2.64).
- The debt-to-equity ratio of 1.48 is relatively high when compared with the industry average, suggesting a need for better debt level management. To add to this, CLR has a quick ratio of 0.70, this demonstrates the lack of ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, CONTINENTAL RESOURCES INC underperformed against that of the industry average and is significantly less than that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Continental Resources Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.