- TV has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $54.0 million.
- TV is down 2.2% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in TV with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for TV NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on TV: Grupo Televisa, S.A.B. operates as a media company in the Spanish-speaking world. The company operates through four segments: Content, Sky, Telecommunications, and Other Businesses. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.4%. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Grupo Televisa SAB a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for Grupo Televisa SAB has been 2.4 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Grupo Televisa SAB has a market cap of $16.8 billion and is part of the services sector and media industry. Shares are down 15% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Grupo Televisa SAB as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its compelling growth in net income, notable return on equity and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including weak operating cash flow and a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Media industry. The net income increased by 1829.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$21.67 million to $374.70 million.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. In comparison to the other companies in the Media industry and the overall market, GRUPO TELEVISA SAB's return on equity significantly exceeds that of the industry average and is above that of the S&P 500.
- GRUPO TELEVISA SAB reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, GRUPO TELEVISA SAB reported lower earnings of $0.71 versus $1.15 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.31 versus $0.71).
- TV has underperformed the S&P 500 Index, declining 21.28% from its price level of one year ago. Turning toward the future, the fact that the stock has come down in price over the past year should not necessarily be interpreted as a negative; it could be one of the factors that may help make the stock attractive down the road. Right now, however, we believe that it is too soon to buy.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $233.11 million or 35.70% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing the cash generation rate to the industry average, the firm's growth is significantly lower.
- You can view the full Grupo Televisa SAB Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.