Shareholders of Cash America International, Inc. (CSH) looking to boost their income beyond the stock's 0.6% annualized dividend yield can sell the March 2016 covered call at the $35 strike and collect the premium based on the $1.60 bid, which annualizes to an additional 15.5% rate of return against the current stock price (at Stock Options Channel we call this the YieldBoost), for a total of 16.1% annualized rate in the scenario where the stock is not called away. Any upside above $35 would be lost if the stock rises there and is called away, but CSH shares would have to climb 5.9% from current levels for that to happen, meaning that in the scenario where the stock is called, the shareholder has earned a 10.7% return from this trading level, in addition to any dividends collected before the stock was called.In general, dividend amounts are not always predictable and tend to follow the ups and downs of profitability at each company. In the case of Cash America International, Inc., looking at the dividend history chart for CSH below can help in judging whether the most recent dividend is likely to continue, and in turn whether it is a reasonable expectation to expect a 0.6% annualized dividend yield. Below is a chart showing CSH's trailing twelve month trading history, with the $35 strike highlighted in red: The chart above, and the stock's historical volatility, can be a helpful guide in combination with fundamental analysis to judge whether selling the March 2016 covered call at the $35 strike gives good reward for the risk of having given away the upside beyond $35. ( Do most options expire worthless? This and six other common options myths debunked). We calculate the trailing twelve month volatility for Cash America International, Inc. (considering the last 252 trading day closing values as well as today's price of $33.00) to be 34%. For other call options contract ideas at the various different available expirations, visit the CSH Stock Options page of StockOptionsChannel.com. In mid-afternoon trading on Wednesday, the put volume among S&P 500 components was 364,432 contracts, with call volume at 631,166, for a put:call ratio of 0.58 so far for the day. Compared to the long-term median put:call ratio of .65, that represents high call volume relative to puts; in other words, buyers are showing a preference for calls in options trading so far today. Find out which 15 call and put options traders are talking about today.
More from Stocks
Apple Arcade Could Be a Big Hit, But Its Value Won't Be Realized Overnight
A low price point plus one-month free trial could make Apple Arcade an appealing option for millions of gamers worldwide, but old habits could still prove hard to break.
Sonos Resonates With Investors on Raymond James Upgrade to Strong Buy
Digital-home-audio-device maker is well-positioned relative to peers, the firm says.
Domino's Keeps Delivery In-House, Reportedly Avoids Use of Third-Party Apps
Domino's CEO says the profit lost to commissions and risk to customer goodwill make the delivery apps not worthwhile.
Range Resources Shares Energized After Upgrade to Buy at MKM
MKM analyst John Gerdes sees upside potential in the oil-and-gas producer.