- QUNR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $80.5 million.
- QUNR has traded 538,448 shares today.
- QUNR is trading at 2.64 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- QUNR is trading at a new high 5.05% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in QUNR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for QUNR NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on QUNR: Qunar Cayman Islands Limited operates an online travel commerce platform in the People's Republic of China. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Qunar Cayman Islands a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Qunar Cayman Islands has been 2.4 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Qunar Cayman Islands has a market cap of $5.2 billion and is part of the services sector and leisure industry. Shares are up 37.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Qunar Cayman Islands as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its feeble growth in its earnings per share, deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and generally high debt management risk. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- QUNAR CAYMAN ISLANDS -ADR has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. Earnings per share have declined over the last year. We anticipate that this should continue in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, QUNAR CAYMAN ISLANDS -ADR reported poor results of -$2.53 versus -$0.24 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 620.8% in earnings (-$18.24 versus -$2.53).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Internet & Catalog Retail industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 93.6% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$67.96 million to -$131.56 million.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Internet & Catalog Retail industry and the overall market, QUNAR CAYMAN ISLANDS -ADR's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Currently the debt-to-equity ratio of 1.78 is quite high overall and when compared to the industry average, suggesting that the current management of debt levels should be re-evaluated. Regardless of the company's weak debt-to-equity ratio, QUNR has managed to keep a strong quick ratio of 1.85, which demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- The gross profit margin for QUNAR CAYMAN ISLANDS -ADR is currently very high, coming in at 75.19%. Regardless of QUNR's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, QUNR's net profit margin of -92.59% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
- You can view the full Qunar Cayman Islands Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.