- FNFG has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $55.4 million.
- FNFG is up 2.3% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in FNFG with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for FNFG NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on FNFG: First Niagara Financial Group, Inc. operates as the bank holding company for First Niagara Bank, N.A. that provides retail and commercial banking, and other financial services to individuals, families, and businesses. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3%. FNFG has a PE ratio of 18. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates First Niagara Financial Group a buy, 3 analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. The average volume for First Niagara Financial Group has been 5.6 million shares per day over the past 30 days. First Niagara Financial Group has a market cap of $3.8 billion and is part of the financial sector and banking industry. The stock has a beta of 0.80 and a short float of 3.1% with 2.14 days to cover. Shares are up 27.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates First Niagara Financial Group as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, compelling growth in net income, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth and reasonable valuation levels. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- FNFG's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 1.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 0.8%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Commercial Banks industry. The net income increased by 106.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$920.05 million to $60.48 million.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 105.66% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 31.89% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Looking ahead, the stock's sharp rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- FIRST NIAGARA FINANCIAL GRP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, FIRST NIAGARA FINANCIAL GRP swung to a loss, reporting -$2.11 versus $0.75 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.57 versus -$2.11).
- You can view the full First Niagara Financial Group Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.