- ATML has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $106.4 million.
- ATML has traded 20.8 million shares today.
- ATML is trading at 3.00 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- ATML crossed above its 200-day simple moving average.
'Storm the Castle' stocks are worth watching because trading stocks that begin to experience a breakout can lead to potentially massive profits. Once psychological and technical resistance barriers like the 200-day moving average are breached on higher than normal relative volume, the stock is then free to find new buyers and momentum traders who can ultimately push the stock significantly higher. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize on. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ATML with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ATML NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on ATML: Atmel Corporation designs, develops, manufactures, and sells semiconductor integrated circuit products primarily in the United States, Asia, Europe, South Africa, and Central and South America. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.9%. ATML has a PE ratio of 206. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Atmel a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold. The average volume for Atmel has been 10.5 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Atmel has a market cap of $3.5 billion and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. The stock has a beta of 0.21 and a short float of 2.2% with 0.63 days to cover. Shares are down 0.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Atmel as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, expanding profit margins and solid stock price performance. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- ATML's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.08 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. To add to this, ATML has a quick ratio of 1.66, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- The gross profit margin for ATMEL CORP is rather high; currently it is at 50.55%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of -0.21% is in-line with the industry average.
- ATMEL CORP has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ATMEL CORP turned its bottom line around by earning $0.08 versus -$0.05 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.34 versus $0.08).
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $30.59 million or 30.28% when compared to the same quarter last year. In conjunction, when comparing current results to the industry average, ATMEL CORP has marginally lower results.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry and the overall market, ATMEL CORP's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Atmel Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.