- OSIR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $5.3 million.
- OSIR has traded 51,704 shares today.
- OSIR is trading at 2.51 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- OSIR is trading at a new low 4.10% below yesterday's close.
'Weak on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as material stock news, analyst downgrades, insider selling, selling from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and traders are piling out of a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize (or avoid losses by trimming weak positions). In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in OSIR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for OSIR NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on OSIR: Osiris Therapeutics, Inc. researches, develops, manufactures, markets, and distributes regenerative medicine products in the United States. OSIR has a PE ratio of 175. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Osiris Therapeutics a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for Osiris Therapeutics has been 202,800 shares per day over the past 30 days. Osiris has a market cap of $481.5 million and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 0.11 and a short float of 20.4% with 7.89 days to cover. Shares are down 31.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Osiris Therapeutics as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, solid stock price performance and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income and poor profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 13.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 41.2%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Looking at where the stock is today compared to one year ago, we find that it is not only higher, but it has also clearly outperformed the rise in the S&P 500 over the same period, despite the company's weak earnings results.
- OSIRIS THERAPEUTICS INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, OSIRIS THERAPEUTICS INC continued to lose money by earning -$0.01 versus -$0.05 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.11 versus -$0.01).
- The gross profit margin for OSIRIS THERAPEUTICS INC is currently extremely low, coming in at 0.76%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -3.46% is significantly below that of the industry average.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Biotechnology industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 230.5% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $0.65 million to -$0.84 million.
- You can view the full Osiris Therapeutics Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.