- BKH has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $19.5 million.
- BKH traded 158,813 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:34 AM, representing 32.6% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in BKH with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for BKH NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on BKH: Black Hills Corporation, through its subsidiaries, operates as a diversified energy company in the United States. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.7%. BKH has a PE ratio of 133. Currently there are no analysts that rate Black Hills a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Black Hills has been 266,100 shares per day over the past 30 days. Black Hills has a market cap of $2.0 billion and is part of the utilities sector and utilities industry. The stock has a beta of 1.20 and a short float of 3.3% with 2.53 days to cover. Shares are down 15.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Black Hills as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself, deteriorating net income and disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 70.63% to $111.47 million when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 21.63%.
- 35.87% is the gross profit margin for BLACK HILLS CORP which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of -3.65% is in-line with the industry average.
- BLACK HILLS CORP has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, BLACK HILLS CORP increased its bottom line by earning $2.96 versus $2.61 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.00 versus $2.96).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Multi-Utilities industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 136.3% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $27.36 million to -$9.94 million.
- The share price of BLACK HILLS CORP has not done very well: it is down 19.98% and has underperformed the S&P 500, in part reflecting the company's sharply declining earnings per share when compared to the year-earlier quarter. Looking ahead, other than the push or pull of the broad market, we do not see anything in the company's numbers that may help reverse the decline experienced over the past 12 months. Despite the past decline, the stock is still selling for more than most others in its industry.
- You can view the full Black Hills Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.