- NBG has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $8.8 million.
- NBG traded 2.5 million shares today in the pre-market hours as of 9:15 AM, representing 13.2% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in NBG with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for NBG NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on NBG: National Bank of Greece S.A., together with its subsidiaries, provides diversified financial services. The company is involved in retail and commercial banking, asset management, investment banking, brokerage, and insurance activities. NBG has a PE ratio of 13. The average volume for National Bank of Greece has been 9.4 million shares per day over the past 30 days. National Bank of Greece has a market cap of $1.8 billion and is part of the financial sector and banking industry. Shares are down 71% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates National Bank of Greece as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its feeble growth in its earnings per share, deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity, poor profit margins and weak operating cash flow.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- NATIONAL BANK OF GREECE has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern earnings per share over the past two years. During the past fiscal year, NATIONAL BANK OF GREECE reported lower earnings of $0.15 versus $1.98 in the prior year.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Commercial Banks industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 168.5% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $249.36 million to -$170.78 million.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Commercial Banks industry and the overall market, NATIONAL BANK OF GREECE's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for NATIONAL BANK OF GREECE is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 28.20%. It has decreased significantly from the same period last year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -11.29% is significantly below that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$385.60 million or 192.98% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- You can view the full National Bank of Greece Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.