- DAR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $16.1 million.
- DAR has traded 216,609 shares today.
- DAR is down 3.3% today.
- DAR was up 7.1% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in DAR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for DAR NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on DAR: Darling Ingredients Inc. develops, produces, and sells natural ingredients from edible and inedible bio-nutrients worldwide. It operates in three segments: Feed Ingredients, Food Ingredients, and Fuel Ingredients. DAR has a PE ratio of 18. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Darling Ingredients a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for Darling Ingredients has been 1.4 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Darling Ingredients has a market cap of $1.6 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector and materials & construction industry. The stock has a beta of 0.94 and a short float of 4.1% with 3.67 days to cover. Shares are down 43.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Darling Ingredients as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its reasonable valuation levels and notable return on equity. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself, feeble growth in the company's earnings per share and unimpressive growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- DAR, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 5.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 12.8%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Food Products industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 163.5% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $14.32 million to -$9.09 million.
- The gross profit margin for DARLING INGREDIENTS INC is rather low; currently it is at 21.37%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -1.06% is significantly below that of the industry average.
- You can view the full Darling Ingredients Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.