- MTZ has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $30.2 million.
- MTZ has traded 181,305 shares today.
- MTZ is trading at 3.58 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- MTZ is trading at a new high 4.00% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in MTZ with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for MTZ NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on MTZ: MasTec, Inc., an infrastructure construction company, provides engineering, building, installation, maintenance, and upgrade services for communications, energy, and utility infrastructure in the United States and internationally. MTZ has a PE ratio of 62. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate MasTec a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for MasTec has been 1.5 million shares per day over the past 30 days. MasTec has a market cap of $1.4 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector and materials & construction industry. The stock has a beta of 1.19 and a short float of 8.8% with 3.84 days to cover. Shares are down 23.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates MasTec as a hold. The company's strongest point has been its a solid financial position based on a variety of debt and liquidity measures that we have looked at. At the same time, however, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself, feeble growth in the company's earnings per share and poor profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Despite the weak revenue results, MTZ has outperformed against the industry average of 13.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 3.7%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The debt-to-equity ratio of 1.19 is relatively high when compared with the industry average, suggesting a need for better debt level management. Even though the debt-to-equity ratio is weak, MTZ's quick ratio is somewhat strong at 1.33, demonstrating the ability to handle short-term liquidity needs.
- The gross profit margin for MASTEC INC is currently extremely low, coming in at 11.31%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $47.03 million or 37.88% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- You can view the full MasTec Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.