- ATML has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $85.7 million.
- ATML is down 3.4% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ATML with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ATML NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on ATML: Atmel Corporation designs, develops, manufactures, and sells semiconductor integrated circuit products primarily in the United States, Asia, Europe, South Africa, and Central and South America. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.1%. ATML has a PE ratio of 195. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Atmel a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold. The average volume for Atmel has been 9.5 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Atmel has a market cap of $3.3 billion and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. The stock has a beta of 0.21 and a short float of 2.8% with 0.88 days to cover. Shares are down 7.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Atmel as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, expanding profit margins and solid stock price performance. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- ATML's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.08 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. To add to this, ATML has a quick ratio of 1.66, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- The gross profit margin for ATMEL CORP is rather high; currently it is at 50.55%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of -0.21% is in-line with the industry average.
- ATMEL CORP has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ATMEL CORP turned its bottom line around by earning $0.08 versus -$0.05 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.34 versus $0.08).
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry and the overall market, ATMEL CORP's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 103.6% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $17.25 million to -$0.61 million.
- You can view the full Atmel Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.