- CNCE has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $9.3 million.
- CNCE has traded 68,741 shares today.
- CNCE is trading at 5.51 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- CNCE is trading at a new high 3.05% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CNCE with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CNCE NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CNCE: Concert Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company, discovers and develops small molecule drugs for central nervous system disorders, genetic diseases, renal disease, inflammatory disease, and cancer. CNCE has a PE ratio of 35. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Concert Pharmaceuticals a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Concert Pharmaceuticals has been 358,300 shares per day over the past 30 days. Concert has a market cap of $447.6 million and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. Shares are up 64.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Concert Pharmaceuticals as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and solid stock price performance. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the growth in the company's earnings per share has not been good. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- CNCE's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 11.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 163.5%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- CNCE's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.02 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 14.37, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- CONCERT PHARMACEUTICLS INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, CONCERT PHARMACEUTICLS INC reported poor results of -$1.77 versus -$0.34 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.03 versus -$1.77).
- In comparison to the other companies in the Biotechnology industry and the overall market, CONCERT PHARMACEUTICLS INC's return on equity is significantly below that of the industry average and is below that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Concert Pharmaceuticals Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.