- BNCL has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $6.2 million.
- BNCL has traded 6.5373000000000001108446667785756289958953857421875 options contracts today.
- BNCL is making at least a new 3-day high.
- BNCL has a PE ratio of 44.
- BNCL is mentioned 0.32 times per day on StockTwits.
- BNCL has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- BNCL is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- BNCL is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- BNCL is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- BNCL is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in BNCL with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for BNCL NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on BNCL: Beneficial Bancorp, Inc. operates as a holding company for Beneficial Bank that provides consumer and commercial banking services to individuals, businesses, and nonprofit organizations in the greater Philadelphia and Southern New Jersey area. BNCL has a PE ratio of 44. Currently there are no analysts that rate Beneficial Bancorp a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Beneficial Bancorp has been 449,000 shares per day over the past 30 days. Beneficial has a market cap of $1.1 billion and is part of the financial sector and banking industry. The stock has a beta of 0.43 and a short float of 3.1% with 5.67 days to cover. Shares are up 24.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Beneficial Bancorp as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its expanding profit margins and solid stock price performance. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- BENEFICIAL BANCORP INC's earnings per share declined by 14.4% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, BENEFICIAL BANCORP INC increased its bottom line by earning $0.22 versus $0.15 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.30 versus $0.22).
- Despite the weak revenue results, BNCL has outperformed against the industry average of 12.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 0.9%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for BENEFICIAL BANCORP INC is currently very high, coming in at 88.53%. Regardless of BNCL's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, BNCL's net profit margin of 13.96% is significantly lower than the industry average.
- Looking at where the stock is today compared to one year ago, we find that it is not only higher, but it has also clearly outperformed the rise in the S&P 500 over the same period, despite the company's weak earnings results. Looking ahead, the stock's rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that the other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Thrifts & Mortgage Finance industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, BENEFICIAL BANCORP INC underperformed against that of the industry average and is significantly less than that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Beneficial Bancorp Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.